Individuals within the DevOps Engineer role work closely with clients and IT team members to understand the departmental stakeholder requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with the company and IT strategies are in compliance with the Tavisca’s architectural standards. DevOps Engineers are involved in the full lifecycle of an application.
DevOps Engineers are team members of an agile development process. They are responsible for the design and implementation of applications’ build, release, deployment, and configuration activities. Other responsibilities include working with internal Team leads to gather requirements, prototyping, and architecting, implementing/updating solutions, executing test plans, performing quality reviews, managing operations, and triaging and fixing operational issues. DevOps Engineers must be able to adjust to constant business change; common types of changes include new requirements, evolving goals and strategies, and emerging technologies. DevOps Engineers require the ability to interact, develop, engineer, and communicate collaboratively at the highest technical levels with clients, teams and all levels of Tavisca staff.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Sciences
- Should have been working for at least two years as a DevOps Engineer
- Should have worked on AWS Cloud Environment
- Has a very clear idea about CI and CD using one or more tools (Chef and Jenkins)
- Hands on experience of Linux and Windows Operating System
- Requires working knowledge of one or more Programming language (preferably Java)
- Requires working knowledge of two or more Scripting language (preferably Python and Ruby)
- Should have ease in writing Shell and Bash scripts
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code, testing, and deployment.
- Has some basic knowledge of Application servers (IIS and Apache).
- Listens to others’ opinions and acknowledges the value of the difference.
- Maintains flexibility and attempts new approaches as needed to accomplish objectives.
- Able to multi-task effectively.
- Adjusts to changing priorities. Readily adopts new procedures and technology.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
The selected person will be responsible for
- Writing scripts to Automate deployments and infrastructure related activities.
- Develops and/or implements reusable components with High Availability
- Will create technical design specifications for Cross Region deployments
- Installation and configuration of technical solutions and Release Automation.
- Setting up environments for manual and automation testing.
- Troubleshoot existing systems to identify errors or deficiencies and develop solutions
- Document functions and changes to new or modified modules and test activities/results.