As Business Systems Analyst, the candidate will be responsible for the following core duties and responsibilities:
Analysis and Solution Definition (45%)
- Identify the business issues and data challenges of client’s organization and industry.
- Identify client organization’s strength and weaknesses and suggest areas of improvement.
- Review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
- Develop functional specifications and system design specification for client engagements.
- Identify critical issues and prepare a systematic approach to solve a problem.
- Keep abreast of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Possess understanding in the areas of application programming, database, and system design.
- Utilize cloud-based distributed applications.
- Utilize tools such as MS Visio, MS Office and Jira and bug tracking tools.
- Identify critical issues and develop a systematic approach to solve the problem at hand.
- Utilize extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Creatively think beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and client mind-sets.
- Prioritize work items and co-ordinate with different teams to ensure timely and efficient delivery.
Communication & Customer Management (25%)
- Develop relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
- Continuously seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Manage client expectations effectively.
- Assists in the facilitation of team and client meetings.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining all requirement and project related requirement documentation including BSDs, FSDs.
- Deliver informative, well-organized presentations.
- Ability to understand client requirements, expectations and breakdown the same to the concerned teams.
Process Knowledge (10%)
- Experience in working is an Agile Scrum environment with an ability to breakdown requirements into Epics, features and user stories.
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum tools and project management practices.
- Attend sprint planning meetings and work towards defining the sprint items along with product stakeholders.
- Attend a weekly status meeting and effectively communicate the same to the concerned stakeholders.
Quality Assurance (10%)
- Define detailed acceptance criteria and conduct acceptance testing.
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to ensure complete coverage of listed out acceptance criteria.
- Provide significant contributions in the testing and debugging of new software or enhancements of existing software.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to ensure all acceptance criteria have been met during the post-release process.
Leadership & Teamwork (10%)
- Mentor team members
- Proactively seeks opportunities to serve in leadership roles.
- Challenge others to develop as leaders while service as a role model.
- Facilitate effective team interactions.
- Work independently and with minimal supervision.